Get to know our program
Program Manager: Karen McCaulley
For More Information, please email email@example.com
Head Coach - Ethan Knight
Football 2023 Season Information
(Please Note: Because of uniform ordering timeframes, cutoff for registration is 5/12--much earlier than previous years!
- Online Registration Opens - 3/19/23
- Uniform Fitting Day - 4/20/23, drop-in 4-7pm (more info below)
- Hurricane Physicals - 4/20/22, 5-7pm (must have an appointment, more information below)
- Early Bird Pricing for JV/V Ends - 4/15/23
- LAST DATE TO REGISTER IS MAY 12, 2023!!
- Spring Training - 5/8/23 to 6/23/23
- First Season Practice - 7/10/23
TEAMS - Hurricane Football plans to offer 3 teams for the 23/24 season
- 12U - All players who are 11 or 12 years old on 8/31/23
12U players, you can click this link for more specific information about your program. Choose the tab "Season Info - 12U."
- JV - Players that are 13 or older on 8/31/23 and younger than 16 on 8/1/23
- Varsity - Players that are 15-18 on 8/1/23
WHO CAN REGISTER? All players interested in participating in the 2023 Football Season must be homeschooled or attending a school that does not offer Football. It is the age eligibility policy of Hurricane Football that athletes for the 2023/2024 school year do not turn 11 after 8/31/23 and do not turn 19 before 8/1/23.
(Mandatory for JV & Varsity / Optional but strongly encouraged for 12U)
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays - 5/8 to 6/23, 6:00-8:15pm. Location is El Bethel Baptist Church (313 Jones Avenue, Greer, SC).
Begin on 7/10 at the El Bethel field
12U - M, T, Th - 6:00-8:15pm
JV & Varsity - M, T, Th, F - 6:00-8:15
12U Games are on Mondays or Thursdays (makeup games may be on Saturdays)
JV and Varsity Games are on Thursdays, Fridays or Saturdays.
- 12U - $100
- JV & Varsity - $275 ($25 Early Bird Discount for JV & Varsity before 4/15)
- 12U - $100 - Player puchases their full uniform
- JV - $120 for 2 uniform jerseys
- Varsity - $190 for 2 uniform jerseys
**Player's Kit -
12U - Not needed
JV & Varsity - $70 - New players are required to purchase a player's kit (sleeveless dri-fit shirt, practice jersey, practice pants, girdle, practice belt). Returning players can place an order for the pieces they need individually at the sizing event on April 20th (more info below).
Opportunity to recoup money spent! A fundraiser will be offered that can help families toward covering registration/uniform/player's kit costs.
All players/families can take advantage of the payment plan. $100 will be due when registering online. The remaining amount of registration, uniform and player's kit will be drafted once a month for the 2 (12U) or 3 (JV & V) following months. (If you want to use the payment plan, choose to "pay by card" during checkout and then turn ON installment payments with the red button.)
PURCHASED INDIVIDUALLY BY PLAYERS:
1 - Black Helmet with Black Face Mask
12U - Wears a youth or adult helmet
JV & Varsity - ALL JV and Varsity PLAYERS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR AN ADULT HELMET
Please make your purchase ASAP! Supply chain issues are causing a shortage of helmets. You can purchase a helmet at First Team (2520 Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greenville, SC), on Amazon, online at Sports Unlimited or at Play It Again Sports in Greenville (used equipment). Please ask what the turnaround time is for the order!
2 - Shoulder Pads (must have these in order to size on 4/20!!)
3 - Cleats (red, white, black or gray--or any combination of those colors)
4 - Mouth Guard (red or white)
5 - Knee Pads (used with both the practice pants and game pants). It is recommended to have 2 sets of knee pads. Academy Sports has low cost knee pads.
Once a player is registered, no more than 50% of the registration costs will be refunded if the player decides not to participate. Of that 50%, refunds will only be made for reasons of a move or illness/injury. To read Hurricanes' complete refund policy, click here - Refund Policy
UNIFORM FITTING + HURRICANES SPORTS PHYSICALS
All football athletes must be fitted for their uniform and practice gear on the date below. RETURNING PLAYERS, PLEASE TRY ON ALL PRACTICE AND UNIFORM PIECES! THERE WILL BE EXTRA CHARGES IF YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE A PIECE OF YOUR UNIFORM LATE.
- Where: 430 Cox Road, Greer, SC (Offices of Dr. Patricia Deane - There is a great area for us to use for fittings and trying on.)
- When: Friday, April 20, drop in 4-7pm
- Requirement: You must be registered online to be fitted (scroll down to registration button)
- Bring: In order to complete your registration, please bring the following items to the fitting date:
- Copy of Child's Birth Certificate (new players only)
- Up-to-Date Sports Physical (unless you will be having your sports physical that day)
- Shoulder pads for accurate fitting
- Where: 430 Cox Road, Greer, SC - Offices of Dr. Patricia Deane
- When: Friday, April 20, 5-7pm - you can schedule during online registration, must have an appointment
- Cost: $25 (This is donated back to Hurricanes Athletics by Dr. Deane as a fundraiser)
- Requirement: Each athlete is required to have a physical on file not more than 1 year old.
- To schedule: Contact Kristin at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.
Please direct any questions to Football's Program Manager, Karen McCaulley - email@example.com.
GREENVILLE HURRICANES 12U FOOTBALL PROGRAM
Greenville Recreation Youth Football
Greenville Hurricanes is excited to move forward with plans for a 12U Football Program in the 23/24 school year!! All season info is below!
Benefits of 12U Program:
- Players can be coached more intentionally and at a pace suited to their development
- Players get game time against players in their same age range
- Players enter the JV Football program with more preparation and experience
- Who is eligible: Players that are 11 or 12 years old on 8/31/23 and do not have a tackle football program offered at their school
- Number of games: 7 regular season games between the 6-8 teams in the GCRD program / Playoff games at the end of the season
- Size of team: Minimum 18, maximum 30
- Practice Location: El Bethel Baptist Church Fields (313 Jones Avenue, Greer, SC) - same location as JV and Varsity practice
- Practice Days: M/T/TH (same as JV and Varsity), unless there is a 12U game scheduled
- Joey Pipa - Coach Pipa will work along with Hurricanes Head Coach, Ethan Knight, to provide consistency in coaching/training between the 12U team and the JV/Varsity teams.
- Be committed to showing up and working hard at practices and games.
- Be respectful of coaches and teammates.
- Abide by the player code of conduct.
- Let Mrs. Pipa (or a coach) know if you will have an upcoming absence
- Be committed to getting your athlete to practices and games.
- Allow the coaches to be THE coach.
- Be respectful of coaches and encouraging to players.
- Turn all paperwork in on time. (Sports physical from 2023, birth certificate, code of conduct, and waiver). Specific date info to come.
- Be willing to help with supplying ice water, using our water cooler, for practices and games. (This is the ONLY required volunteer commitment.)
- $100 registration fee
- $100 uniform fee (uniforms will be kept by players at the end of the season)
- We are working on some corporate sponsors! (North Hills Automotive, Jasper Engines)
- Payment Plan (available if desired)
- At registration - pay $100
- Remaining amount paid in 2 payments over the next 2 months
- If you would like to use the payment plan option, on the "Checkout" page, choose to "pay by card." Use the red toggle button to turn on installment payments.
- To register, click the button below.
- Football cleats (red, black, white or gray)
- Practice pants and jersey (black)
- Shoulder pads
- Black helmet
- Mouthguard (red or white)
- March 7 - April 27 - Optional Pre-Season Conditioning
- Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:30-7:00pm @ El Bethel Baptist Fields
- Returning players FREE/new players $60 - must be registered online to participate.
- This is a separate registration.
- Date TBD - Uniform Sizing
- May 8 - June 23 - Spring Training / Skills Work
- Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:00-8:25pm @ El Bethel Baptist Fields
- Not mandatory but strongly encouraged.
- Included in cost of season registration.
- July 10 - Practices Begin! - Heat Acclimation MANDATORY (minimum of 10 hours before full pads are allowed.)
- July 24 - FULL PADS!!!!!
- August 8 - MANDATORY Weigh-In for Greenville Rec (max of 150# to carry the ball)
- August 26 - Games Begin
Questions? Contact 12U Football Administrator Ronda Pipa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Greenville Hurricanes is a volunteer-based program. Each family is responsible to sign up for a role to support the program.
Examples of Roles include:
Concessions (if applicable)
Home Game Setup and Clean Up
Further information regarding volunteering will be given at the Parent/Player Meeting when the season begins.
Please be familiar with the following:
Handbook - Located under "Program Info" on the Home Page of the web site
Physical Forms - Located under "Program Info" on the Home Page of the web site
Liability Waivers - Signed in the registration process
About The Canes
Greenville Hurricane Athletics is a 501(c)(3) organization created to provide athletic opportunities to elementary, middle school and high school students. This athletic program is open to the greater homeschooling community and private, Christian, Charter or alternative education groups that may not offer that particular sport in their own organization.
Check out our available Off-Season Clinics or Conditioning and Kids Camps (4th-6th grade)