BOYS VOLLEYBALL TRYOUTS & SEASON 2021-22
Hurricanes Athletics is looking forward to fielding at least one Boys Volleyball team this season. The next step is tryouts/evaluations. Depending on numbers, one or two teams may be offered. Please see all information about evaluations and the season, below:
WHAT: Boys Volleyball Tryouts/Evaluations
WHO: Any boy interested in volleyball whose school does not officially offer the sport of Boys Volleyball. Boys should be 9th-12th OR a MS player with team experience.
WHEN: Tuesday, August 3, 8:00pm
WHERE: Grace Church Taylors Gym (2701 Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greenville)
- Ilja Cybulskis - Head Coach - Club coach with various volleyball clubs, including FCA Volleyball Club, Team member on the national team of Lithuania
- Brittany Tepedino - Assistant Coach - Club coach with FCA Volleyball Club, Played collegiately at both North Greenville and Converse College
- Noah Van Wieren - Assistant Coach - Collegiate athlete on the men's volleyball team at Erskine College. Club coach at A-Town Volleyball
- Kacper Rybarczyk - Assistant Coach - Collegiate athlete on the men's volleyball team at Erskine College. Native of Warsaw, Poland, playing in America on a volleyball scholarship. Named NCAA leader in aces per set in 2021.
- Location - Grace Church Taylors Gym (2701 Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greenville)
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 6:30pm-8:30pm
- EXCEPTION - 8/3 (evaluations) and 8/4 (first practice) will be 8:00-10:00pm
- Practices will begin on Wednesday, 8/4
- Begin mid-August
- Locations (Home Games)
- Carolina One Volleyball - 255 Service Bay Road, Mauldin (several home games)
- Other home games TBD
- End of Season Tournament being discussed
COST - $175 (includes jersey) - paid at the time of online registration (8/4)
REGISTRATION - Rosters will be sent out on Wednesday morning with a link to register. Registration MUST be completed online and payment made before athletes can participate at practice that evening. (We apologize for this tight turnaround time!)
Please look over the Hurricane Athletics Handbook to see Hurricane Athletics policies. The Handbook is found at the greenvillehurricanes.com web site or you can use this link: Handbook
PHYSICAL / BIRTH CERTIFICATE - Athletes will have 2 weeks following registration to turn in a copy of their birth certificate and a sports physical in order to continue to participate on the volleyball team.
Click here to print out the sports physical form to take to your doctor.
Questions? Contact Program Manager Heather van Wieren - email@example.com
GREENVILLE HURRICANES BOYS VOLLEYBALL