TRACK SEASON 2023
It's time to be thinking about Hurricanes Track! All information is below, and we're glad to answer questions your may have! After a great inaugural year last year, we can't wait to get going on this season!
100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1600m, 3200m, 400m Hurdles, Long Jump, Javelin, Relays
Events athletes participate in will be decided by both performance times and coaches' assessment.
11/14 - Registration Opens
12/5 - Start of Pre-Season Practices (Not required but strongly encouraged!)
12/5 - Registration Closes
1/13 - Start of Required Practices (Athletes currently registered in another in-season sport should communicate with Track leadership if there is a scheduling conflict with practices - email@example.com)
2/18 - First meet for distance runners only (Dorman Distance Meet)
2/26 - First meet for entire team (Frank Kleckner, Southside Christian)
Last Week of May - Final Meet (SC Homeschool State Championships)
- Mondays 4:00-5:30pm
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays - 3:30-5:30pm
- Saturdays - 10:00am-12:00pm
- Practice Requirements - You must be present for at least 3 practices out of the week, unless you have talked to the coaches and made arrangements. Practices which are mandatory for time trials, 100m relay hand-offs, hurdle practice, etc. will be determined and then posted at the beginning of each week.
Parks - Unity Park, Legacy Park
Church - Taylors First Baptist (behind picnic shelter)Cost:
- Registration - $200 (7th-12th) / $100 (6th - will not be able to participate in meets)
- Uniform - both are required
- Jersey - $50 (returning Cross Country runners can use the same uniform)
- Long-Sleeved Warmup Shirt - $20
Parents will be required to sign up for volunteer slots to help with taking splits at meets and at time trial practices.
Running Shoes, spikes, towel/yoga mat, water bottle, jump rope, tights/long track pants, gloves, head covering
- Marna Costanzo - Head Coach
- Casey Dombroski - Program Manager
- Ralph Costanzo - Sprints and Hurdles
- Roy Kulikowski - Distance
- Aime Weaver - Administrator
Click the button below to register. Registration closes 12/5!